You can schedule a file to expire at a specific date and time. An expired file is either recycled, replaced with another file, or has a redirect created in its place, depending on what you decide.
To expire a file:
- Navigate to Content > Pages.
- Hover over the file and select Publish > Expire.
- Choose the expire type:
- Replace: The expired file has its contents replaced with the contents of another. You must choose a replacement file to pull the content from (this file isn't affected by the expire).
- Recycle: The expired file is sent to the recycle bin.
- Redirect: Only available for non-PCF files. Once the file expires, it redirects any web visitors to the URL entered in the "Redirect To" field.
- Choose a date and time for the file to expire.
- If you want, set a message to be sent to yourself or another user when the page expires. Check "Send Copy to Email" to receive an email notification in addition to the message in your OU Campus inbox.
Expiring files can have site-wide effects. Consider all potential impacts and make all necessary backups before expiring a file.