To edit a page, either log in via the DirectEdit link, or in Content > Pages, hover over the page, choose the Edit menu, and select "Page."
Once in Edit view of the page, you can see all the editable regions. Open an editable region to change the content in that space.
Each page is divided into editable regions, marked by a green button. Click one of these green buttons to open the editable region and edit the content in that section. Where your editable regions are, and what content should go in them, is unique to your page designs. The page must be checked out to you for the editable region buttons to appear.
Once you open an editable region, you're in the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface. Edit the page, using the toolbar to insert images and reusable content, format text, and more. There are also several gadgets that can be used while editing a page as well.
By using page tagging in the source code, administrators can restrict editable region access to a specific group.
Remember to save your changes before exiting. For your changes to appear on the live website, you must publish your page.
The main toolbar above the page contains several options for editing and reviewing the page. For all these options to be available, the page must be checked out to you.
- Preview: Displays a preview of the page. If there are multiple publish versions of the page, you can choose which versions to preview from the dropdowns in the upper-right corner.
- Edit: Displays the editable regions for the page.
- Source: Displays the editable source code of the page.
- Properties: Page properties contains other options for editing the page, such as title, tags, any layout options, and other items such as the log and RSS feed.
- Versions*: Every time a page is published, a version is saved, or a version can be saved manually. Clicking this button opens a list of all versions of the page.
- Page Check*: Click this button to run Page Check on your page, to review for spelling, links, and accessibility.
- Save Version*: Click this button to save a version of the page.
- Page Status Indicator: Shows whether the page is checked out to you or not, or if it is locked to another user.
- Publish: This button is always green, but depending on your user level or page permissions, you may see "Submit for Approval" instead of "Publish." Click the button to publish or submit your page for approval, or use the dropdown for more options such as scheduling a publish.
*Only visible if the page is checked out to you.