Create a New Page
New pages are created in Content > Pages, using templates. The templates available vary not only from site to site, as they are created for your account, but some template types may be restricted to certain folders as well.
Depending on access settings and user level, some users may not have access to creating new pages.
To create a new page:
- Navigate to Content > Pages and to where you want the new page to live.
- Click the green +New button at the top of the page, or the dropdown next to it.
- Select the type of page you want to make.
- Fill out the new page information. While the fields available vary, depending on your account settings, page type, user level, the following are standard for new pages:
- Page Title: This is the title of the page that displays on the website.
- Description: A description of the page is displayed by search engines if the page comes up as a search result.
- Filename: This is the name of the page in OU Campus. It also becomes part of the page URL. For example, if you create a new page named "academics.pcf," then the URL of that published page might be "www.school.edu/academics.html." The maximum length is 128 characters.
- Add Navigation Item: If your OU Campus setup uses navigation files to make menus, selecting "Yes" for this option automatically adds a link to your new page to the nav file.
- Overwrite Existing*: Check this to replace a preexisting page with the one you are creating. To replace a page, your new page must have the same filename as the old one.
- Access Group*: Choose which group has access to editing this page.
*Only available to administrators.
- Click "Create" to make your new page.
Have a question about your templates or new page options? Contact an administrator at your institution. They'll know best how to help with your specific situation.