Add-ons are additional functions in OU Campus that don't fall under any of the other categories. In the desktop version of OU Campus, add-ons can be configured by administrators in addition to those provided by OU Campus; in OU Campus for Mobile, the only add-on that appears is Emergency Alerts.
Emergency Alerts is a module available for purchase from the Marketplace. It allows you to display an announcement, warning, or alert on every page of your website at once, simply by publishing the alert. Because Emergency Alerts functions on OU Campus for Mobile, this allows for instant updates of alerts from anywhere, at any time.
Four menu items are displayed - Active Alert, Archived Alerts, Settings, and Send Feedback. In addition, selecting Go to OU Campus will take you back to your Dashboard in OU Campus for Mobile.
When there is no active alert, the Active Alerts screen will give you the option to create a new one.
Selecting New Alert will bring you to the New Alert screen.
The New Alert creation form contains the following fields:
- Severity: Choose a severity level for the alert; options are Announcement, Warning, or Emergency. Required.
- Title: Type a title for your alert. Required.
- Subtitle: Type a subtitle for your alert. Optional.
- Description: Provide for information about the event or emergency. Required.
- Date and Time: Select the date and time that the event referred to in the alert occurred. You can use the current date and time, or select Custom to choose another. Required.
- URL: If there is a news article or other web page you wish to link to, place the URL here. Optional.
- Social Media: If you have Facebook and/or Twitter accounts configured with your OU Campus account,
you can select which ones you want to have a post generated as the alert is published.
Selected accounts will automatically be enabled for updates on that alert. Optional.
- When publishing an alert to a social media channel, only the title and link are published, not the description, severity, or subtitle.
Once you have filled out the fields, select Publish to publish the alert. It will now display in the Active Alert screen.
Once an alert is active, it can be edited, deleted, or archived. Selecting Edit brings up the same fields as when you created the alert. Selecting Delete removes it permanently. Selecting Archive takes the alert down from the website and moves it to the Archived Alerts folder, from where it can potentially be restored.
There can only be one alert active at a time.
In addition, updates can be added to Alerts by selecting the New Update button. Updates contain the following fields, with the same functionality as they did when creating a new alert:
- Date and Time
- Social Media
Select Publish to publish the update. Updates can be edited and deleted. If the original alert is archived, any attached updates are archived with it as well. An alert can be updated multiple times.
Once archived, alerts are stored here. Selecting an alert brings up the options to Set as Active or Delete. An alert cannot be set as active if there is currently an active alert.
Settings controls who can access Emergency Alerts and which Facebook and Twitter profiles can have alerts posted on them.
Settings contains the following fields:
- Group Access: Select a group that has access to Emergency Alerts and the abilities to make, edit, and archive alerts.
- Notified Users: Users in the selected group will receive emails any time a change is made to an alert.
- Social Media: Select which social media accounts you want to be available for making a post when making an alert.
Select the Save button to save any changes made.
Your continued feedback is very important to us as we strive to improve Emergency Alerts and the OU Campus user experience! The Send Feedback screen lets you rate the module and give us your feedback on how it has worked for you.