Account Options provides several configuration options for your OU Campus account.
Time Zone: Set the default time zone for the account by selecting the city or region from the drop-down menu that most closely matches the account's primary location. This will create the date and time stamps within the system, as well as keep the time accurate during Daylight Savings Time. Leave blank for server default. The default setting is America/Los Angeles for SaaS clients and the time zone where the staging server is housed for self-hosted licensing. When setting the time zone, please be aware of precedence as time zone can also be configured at the site level and user level. The setting configured for the user takes precedence, then site, and then account.
Locale: Sets the general locale and drives the default dictionary. Leave blank for server default. The default is English (United States), which will configure an English language dictionary. Precedence is user, site, account. The Locale setting does two things within OU Campus:
- Determines the format of the date and time stamps throughout the system.
- Changes the drop-down default for the custom dictionary selection available in the WYSIWYG Editor (and Page Check and Final Check).
For more information, visit the Locale page.
Help URL: Overrides the URL that users are taken to when they click Help. Leave blank for the default link to the OU Campus support site or enter a URL for a separate help site that may have been created for the users.
JustEdit: Sets whether JustEdit is activated or deactivated for the account. Administrators may also choose Set by Administrator to give level 9 and 10 administrators the ability to activate JustEdit on a per-user basis, or Set by User to give each user in the account the ability to activate JustEdit for themselves.
For more information about JustEdit, visit the JustEdit page.
Always Use HTTPS
Turning on "Always Use HTTPS" will open the HTTPS validator. This will check all URLs managed in OU Campus to ensure they are HTTPS. Once your site passes the check, you can enable HTTPS Everywhere, which will ensure that your implementation of OU Campus is always served over HTTPS (as opposed to HTTP). Without this, only certain pages containing sensitive info (such as login credentials) will be served over HTTPS.
Note that this is an OU Campus setting, and will not affect your production server. Converting your production server to HTTPS should be done before turning on "Always Use HTTPS," and is the responsibility of your IT team or whoever else manages your production server. You can also contact our Support Helpdesk for assistance.
The validator contains the following sections:
- Templates Files Review: The HTTPS validator cannot check URLs within the coding of TCFs, PCFs, and other files. These can be switched from HTTP to HTTPS via Find and Replace. Checking this box confirms that you have performed this switch.
- Settings Review: This option checks the various URLs that are managed directly via the OU Campus interface. URLs that pass are marked with a green check, while those that need changing are marked with a red X. Click "view results in a new window" to bring up a more detailed list of all the items that don't pass and the URL that needs to be edited.
- Image Gallery Assets Review: Image Gallery assets that reference HTTP will be automatically republished once HTTPS is enforced, along with subscribing pages. This option lets you know how many assets and pages will be republished, with the ability to click "View results in new window" to view a more detailed list.
- Media RSS Items Review: Media RSS items that reference HTTP will be automatically republished once HTTPS is enforced, along with any feeds containing them. This option lets you know how many items, feeds, and feed groups will be republished, with the ability to click "View results in new window" to view a more detailed list.
Once all settings are validated, and you confirm that templates and files are HTTPS-valid, the Enable button will become available. Click it to turn on "Always Use HTTPS" and serve all of your OU Campus implementation over HTTPS.
Failed Login Attempts: Sets the default number of consecutive failed attempts at logging in before a user is locked out. The number of login attempts can be set between 1–9.