By using the zip import in OU Campus, you can upload a ZIP file and the contents are immediately extracted and uploaded into the system with the same file structure as the original ZIP. The ZIP extension is required.
If you upload a ZIP file into OU Campus without using zip import, it won't be recognized and the contents will be inaccessible.
To use zip import:
- Navigate to Content > Pages and find the folder where you want to upload the files.
- Click the Upload button in the top right, next to the green +New button.
- From the "Upload" box, under "Type," select "Import Zip File."
- Either use +Add to upload your ZIP file, or drag it into the box.
- Click "Start Upload."
- Review the zip import screen for any errors (disallowed extensions or filenames with disallowed characters) and fix them. Files can be renamed, or removed from the upload by unchecking them.
* A file with a disallowed extension cannot have the extension renamed as a work-around.
- Click "Finish Upload" for the ZIP file to be imported.
Remember that for uploaded files to appear on your live website, they must be published.
The file size limit on a ZIP import is 1 GB, though files within are still subject to upload size limits.
The "Overwrite Existing Files" checkbox can be used to overwrite files in OU Campus with the same name and extension as the newly-uploaded files.
Depending on how the ZIP file was created, it may have a duplicate folder at the root. Checking "Ignore Root Folder" when you are reviewing the import removes this duplicate folder.