You can schedule a file to publish at a later date. This can be useful for preparing content in advance of a specific date or deadline.
To schedule a file to publish, either:
- While viewing a file, click the green Publish button and switch to the "Schedule" tab
- While viewing a file, click the dropdown menu of the green Publish button and select "Schedule"
- While in Pages, hover over the file you want to publish and select Publish > Schedule.
Files can only be scheduled on a file-by-file basis.
Schedule OptionsLink to this section
The "Schedule" tab has the following options:
- Date: The day you want the file to publish.
- Time: The time you want the file to publish.
- Repeat Every: You can schedule the page to republish at the interval you set.
- Notification: You can have OU Campus email you when the scheduled publish happens by checking "Send Copy to Email." Use the "Subject" and "Message" fields to write that email.
Once a file is scheduled to publish, it has a calendar icon in Pages.
If a scheduled publish fails, you get a failure message either via email or your inbox. OU Campus then attempts to publish the page two more times, at fifteen-minute intervals. If the publish still fails, the scheduled publish is removed and another message sent to you.
Removing a Scheduled PublishLink to this section
If you want to edit the file, you have to remove the scheduled publish, make your changes, and then reschedule it to publish. You also cannot immediately publish a file if it is scheduled. A scheduled publish can only be removed by the user who set it or level 9 and 10 users. To remove a scheduled publish, either:
- In Pages, click on the calendar icon.
- While viewing the page, click the red Remove Scheduled Publish button at the top of the page.
A scheduled publish can be rescheduled from the Scheduled Actions report.