Page parameters control preconfigured aspects of a page such as title, tags, and any custom settings such as layout or header content. To view page parameters, the page must be checked out to you. Only users levels 5 through 10 can edit page parameters.
There are two ways to access page parameters:
- In Content > Pages, hover over the checked-out page you want to edit and choose "Properties" from the Edit menu.
- While viewing a checked-out page, click Properties in the page actions toolbar.
Users levels 5 through 10 can edit page parameters.
Page parameters fall under two categories: Title and Metadata, and Custom Settings.
The fields in this section configure general information about the page, often used by search engines. The following fields are always present:
- Title: This is the title of the page that displays on the website.
- Description: A description of the page is displayed by search engines if the page comes up as a search result.
- Tags: Tags are used in OU Campus to filter content, and (depending on your site design) are often used to categorize news and search results as well. Type into the field to enter tags; any preexisting tags on the site appear in the dropdown to choose from, but you can also add new tags to the page. Depending on the tag access settings, your choice of tags may be restricted.
Other commonly-used fields include Author (common on news and blog articles) and Keywords (used for limited SEO purposes).
Custom settings vary widely, not just from site to site but from page type to page type; therefore, if you have questions about a specific field, we recommend contacting an administrator at your institution. Some commonly-used fields include:
- Page Heading: Used for the title displayed on the page itself.
- Page Type and Column Options: Many pages have the option to be displayed as a one-, two-, or three-column layout, with additional options for configuring the columns' content.
- Additional Editable Regions: Optional editable regions that can be enabled or disabled for a page.
- Image Slider Region: Add an image gallery asset to the page.
Click Save to save any changes. Just like editing page content, the page must be published for changes to appear on the live website.