Launch a new or edited component to make it available for use on pages. Launch is a different mechanic from publishing a file, as it does not place the component on the production server.
A component can be launched by either:
- While viewing a component, click Launch.
- Navigate to Content > Components and find the appropriate component.
- Click More Actions.
- Click Launch.
Enter a version description and click Launch.
Launching a Component in UseLink to this section
Edit a component after it has been placed on pages. For those changes to take effect, the component must be launched again.
Depending on the type of changes to the component, this may require additional review. If the structure of the component is significantly altered via the following:
- Changing an element from optional to required;
- Adding validation type to existing elements;
- Changing the regex value;
- Increasing the number of required items;
- Changing the date/time format;
- Changing the min/max length values;
then any instances of the component on pages won't change immediately. Instead, the next time a user opens the component on a page to edit it, they are required to modify the content entered into the component so it complies with the changes. The page must then be published for the changes to take effect.