Manage gadgets for the account from Setup > Gadgets to assign access, configure properties, and add custom gadgets.
Click the gadget name or click the gadget More Actions menu > Edit to view and edit the following:
- Name: Gadget name.
- URL: URL for custom gadgets.
- Types: Appears on the dashboard, gadgets sidebar, or both.
- Available To: Click the dropdown to assign the group that has access to using this gadget.
- Display Option: Click the radio button to choose whether the gadget is always on for users, or on or off by default.
- If default on or off, users can choose whether the gadget appears on the dashboard or gadgets sidebar.
- Properties: Additional gadget settings, as appropriate.
- Page Parameters: Hide or display the metadata section (title, description, and tags) of page parameters in the gadget.
- Request Help: Choose which group receives a request for help from users via this gadget, and whether a copy is sent to their email or not.
- Snippets: Choose which group can preview the source code of snippets in the gadget.
- YouTube: Choose which group can search for videos across all of YouTube in the gadget, as opposed to the channels connected to OU Campus.
To modify access for multiple gadgets, select the gadget checkboxes and click Access in the list header.
Adding Custom GadgetsLink to this section
Add a custom gadget to OU Campus as follows:
- Navigate to Setup > Gadgets.
- Click +Add.
- Enter the full URL of the gadget folder, starting with http:// or https:// and ending with a slash (/).
- The folder for your custom gadget contains the HTML index or a generated HTML file that includes the gadget scripting and the config.xml.
- Click Fetch.
- Enter the gadget name, access settings, display option, and any properties.
- Click Save.
The gadget is immediately available for use in the dashboard and gadgets sidebar.