OU Campus Support
Network of Support
The Support site is just one facet of the network of support for OU Campus. OmniUpdate provides a local in-house technical support team that can be contacted via phone, email, or Help Desk system.
Here is the technical support contact information:
*This site requires a login for access. OU Campus key customer administrators can request access by sending a request to email@example.com.
The Support team is available Monday – Friday during the following hours:
|Pacific Time||Mountain Time||Central Time||Eastern Time|
|6:00 AM – 6:00 PM||7:00 AM – 7:00 PM||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM||9:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
All inquiries, whether received by email or phone, are resolved as quickly as possible.
In addition to direct contact with the support team, there is an active online community of OU Campus users:
- The OmniUpdate Community Network (OCN)**: The OCN members include both staff and OU Campus users. There are forums, photos, videos, and coding topics available.
- The OU Campus New Features and Feedback Forum**: The Feedback Forum provides a way to offer a suggestion for a new feature or improved functionality for an existing feature for OU Campus.
**These sites require a login for access. Any OU Campus user can request access to the OCN as well as the Feature and Feedback Forum. Please send a request for access to support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to the OCN, Help Desk, and Features and Feedback Form are available on every page of the Support site via the on-page icons:
OmniUpdate at Social Networking Sites
Three ways to access the Support site documents are:
- Directly (through this site): http://support.omniupdate.com/
- Via the Help link in the interface (top right)
- Via the document-specific links within an area of the OU Campus interface
The support team strives to respond to all support inquiries within 24 hours (Monday – Friday), whether it was received via phone or email. That's the OmniUpdate 24-hour promise. While the goal is to respond to and resolve requests in under 24 hours, please allow the full 24 hours before contacting the Support team again.
Every attempt is made to resolve an issue within the initial communication, most initial communication will contain information regarding when the issue will be resolved and may contain follow up questions.
What format should my support request be in to get the quickest response to my problem?
To help get to the root of a problem and solve it quickly, our service teams must first collect the relevant information necessary to replicate the issue. Sending the following information with any reported issue is critical:
- Operating System (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc.)
- Browser: (IE7, IE8, IE9, FF14, FF15, Safari 5, Safari 6, etc.)
- URL of the page on which the issue is occurring (http://www.gallenauniversity.com/about/)
- Username of the person whom the issue concerns
- Legible screen shots that will help us see what you are doing and help us see what is the issue (sent as attachments)
- Detailed message describing the exact steps for us to recreate the issue
The detailed message is extremely important. We must be able to replicate the issue and understand the implications and details. An example of a detailed message would be similar to this:
- I open Firefox 14.
- I go to the page http://www.gallenauniversity.com/about
- I click on the "Last Updated" date stamp at the bottom-right-hand corner of the page.
- I log in with the username "jsmith."
- I click on the "Content" tab.
- I browse to the page /about/faculty.html
- I click on the file name to open it to the part where I see the "Edit" buttons, and I click on the green "Edit Main Content" button.
- I bold any text on the page by highlighting the text and clicking the "B" icon in the toolbar.
- I click the "Save" button in the toolbar.
- When I'm taken to the preview at this point, my text doesn't look bolded.
I have the contact information of a specific support team member. May I contact him/her directly?
Unless that team member has specifically requested to be contacted directly, it is recommended to submit all support requests within the main support lines:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800-362-2605
By contacting the Support team using the methods above, a support request is seen by the entire Support team and handled as expeditiously as possible. It will also be assigned to the appropriate staff member for the type of request.
1320 Flynn Road
Camarillo, CA 93012 USA
805.484.9400 (menu options 1-3 or employee's 3 digit extension)
Sales: Phone + option 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support: Phone + option 2 or email@example.com
Media and Press: Phone + option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources: email@example.com