The Enterprise Server License enables an institution to deploy OU Campus so that it may be hosted and managed locally on the campus servers. With an Enterprise Server License, the institution hosts OU Campus and has direct control of the system and how it interfaces with the hardware, operating systems, servers, and networking. The Enterprise version includes OU Campus support from the OmniUpdate Support team, including assistance with the installation and updates of OU Campus.
Server administrators of the system are provided a reference guide that includes an overview of system components, responsibilities and expectations, start up and shutdown procedures, contacts for getting additional help, and the details for installations and updates.
OU Campus is compatible with all standard web servers connected to the Internet (or private networks when used for Intranet web applications). Hardware specifications are dependent on the web server software selected.
OU Campus requires a dedicated application server or virtualized (e.g. VMware) environment. The following details the minimum hardware requirements for an OU Campus Enterprise Server License deployment:
- Dual core CPU
- 6 GB of RAM
- 10 GB of free disk space for application files and installation, not including data storage
- Additional disk space for the database, which is usually under 2GB, and for staging copies of web content, including binary files and their associated revisions
- External DNS entry with a wildcard, e.g. *.cms.customer.edu
OU Campus is compatible with all standard web server software. The server must support incoming connections via FTP or SFTP from the application server.
OU Campus requires a server with the following pre-configured:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or CentOS) 6.5 or newer, or Windows Server 2008 or 2012 (including R2 releases); 64-bit editions are required.
- Remote access via RDP (Windows) or SSH (Linux) for OU Campus Implementation and Support.
The OU Campus application includes a database abstraction layer, which allows for the following choice of databases in OU Campus version 10:
- Microsoft SQL
For more information, visit the Database page.