Post to Facebook
OU Campus allows authorized users to automatically send posts to linked Facebook Pages when a page is published or scheduled to publish. Multiple Facebook Pages can be added to a site, and users can choose to which account or accounts the post will be sent. Additionally, the linked Facebook Pages can be set up to use an OU Social Facebook application, which gives the ability to have a landing page on the linked Facebook Page.
While all users with publishing rights can be granted the ability to send a wall post to Facebook when publishing a page, Level 10 administrators need to perform the initial configuration within OU Campus by linking the desired Facebook Pages. This can be done from Setup > Facebook. To learn how to set up a Facebook Page and additional information on Facebook Pages, visit the Facebook Setup page.
After the initial configuration is completed, the login information for the Facebook account is not needed again unless the password for the account changes. Level 10 administrators may also set up default text for wall posts at either the account and/or site level.
Note: This feature does not insert any content from the page being published into the Facebook post.
Posting to Facebook
Once a Facebook Page has been linked to OU Campus, posting to Facebook can be accomplished at the time of page publish. Within the Publish modal, the Social Media tab becomes available. This tab contains the information necessary to send a wall post to Facebook.
- From the Pages list view, hover over the page row and choose Publish from the Publish drop-down menu. Alternatively, when viewing the page in Preview/Edit mode, click Publish in the Page Actions toolbar.
- In the Publish modal, select the Social Media tab. If at least one Twitter account and one Facebook Page are configured, both Twitter
and Facebook options are shown.
- Click in the Pages field and select one or more Facebook Pages to which to post. A user may select multiple
accounts to post to by selecting each account individually from the drop-down.
- From the Wall Post field, add or edit the text.
The field below may already be populated with text if an admin has configured default text at the site or account level. This may be integrated into the post or deleted and new content can be added to the field.
- Optionally, select the Add URL checkbox to add a shortened URL that links to the page. This will create a shortened
link using Google's URL shortening service and add it link to the post.
- Click Publish.
Each wall post must be 420 characters or less, including spaces, links and hashtags.
Short URLs: The short URLs generated by goo.gl are unique to each specific file that is published. If a page is renamed or moved, the URL that was associated with that file will be invalid, and a new one will be generated when the page is sent to Facebook.