Page Templating Tutorial
This section includes a templating tutorial that provides examples of how to create a PCF, TMPL, and TCF, as well as explanation about how to create templates with a specific purpose.
Note: This tutorial was specifically created using OU Campus version 9 and can still be used as a guide for page templating.
The following topics are available:
- Creating the Initial PCF
- Creating Editable Regions & WYSIWYG Styling
- Configuring Page Parameters & Properties
- Converting the PCF to a TMPL
- Creating the TCFs
- Expanding the TCF
- Passing Directory Variables
- Creating an RSS Feed Template
- Converting to OUC Nodes
- Creating a MultiEdit Template
- Understanding Template Inheritance
- Best Practices
The document is also available as available as a PDF.