The YouTube screen in the Setup menu allows administrators to connect YouTube channels to OU Campus so that they may be used in the YouTube Gadget. It can be found by navigating to Setup > YouTube. To read more about using the YouTube Gadget, visit the YouTube Gadget page.
Configuring the Gadget
The Youtube Channels list view shows all the channels currently configured in the site. From here, administrators can edit, delete, sort, filter, or add new channels.
To add a new YouTube channel:
- Navigate the the YouTube Channels list view via Setup > YouTube.
- Click New.
- In the window, enter in the username and password for the YouTube channel's Google
- Authorize OU Campus to access the YouTube channel by clicking Accept.
- In the New YouTube Channel modal, add a Description and choose the group that will have access to the channel.
- Click Save. The channel will now appear in the YouTube Gadget.
Additionally, administrators can enable or disable the ability for users to search all of YouTube. To enable or disable this feature:
- Navigate to Setup > Gadgets and hover over the YouTube row in the Gadgets list view.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit Gadget modal, select the group from the All YouTube Video Access drop-down menu who will be able to search all YouTube videos in the gadget.
- Click Save.