New User Options
The New User Options are only available during the initial creation. When creating a new user the following items are available in addition to the other panels of information:
- Creating a group of one with just the new user as a member.
- Sending a welcome message. Select this checkbox to enable the other related options.
- Sending a password with the welcome message is only available when creating a new user and an email address is defined for the user.
Creating a Group of One
Create Group creates a group of one that can be used if only one individual should be provided access to a particular directory, page, or editable region. This is not selected by default when creating a new user. A group of one may be necessary if only one person should be given publishing rights in order to override an approver.
If a group of just the one user is not desired (the group name will be the user name), make sure that the checkbox is not selected. It is advised that groups of one should not be created unnecessarily as having too many groups can make assignment of the access settings more difficult.
Sending a Welcome Message
When creating a new user, it is helpful to send the user a welcome message notifying the user that access to OU Campus has been granted. This can include a personalized message, but it can only include the password for an OU Campus user if CAS, Shibboleth, or LDAP are not being used for purposes of authentication.
- Click Send Welcome Message.
- Click Send Password in Message if CAS, Shibboleth, or LDAP are not being used. This sends the password to the user.
- Optionally, in the Additional Message to User field, include a personalized message.
- The message is sent once Create is clicked.
NOTE: Unless an email address is defined, a welcome message cannot be sent. If no email is defined for the new user, the Send Welcome Message checkbox will be unavailable.