The Login Page panel is where administrators can configure various functionality with regards to the login page users see when they log into OU Campus.
OU Campus supports LDAP, CAS, and Shibboleth authentication which can be integrated into the existing single sign-on method. The fields available in the Login Page panel provide the ability to customize the authentication method.
The options in the Login Page panel are as follows:
CAS or Shibboleth URL: Enter a fully qualified URL to replace the standard OU Campus login page with a Central Authentication Service (CAS) or Shibboleth page for the entire account. CAS and Shibboleth provide single sign-on service and application authentication. For CAS, this URL should be the CAS service's base URL (do not include the trailing "/login"). Note that a Logout URL must be used if a page is defined for the CAS or Shibboleth URL.
For more information about using LDAP, CAS, and Shibboleth, see the topics at the Super Administration level via the Authentication page.
Announcement URL: If using the default OU Campus login page, this is used to customize the login page by specifying an HTML page that replaces the box shown on the right-hand side of the login page. Use a complete URL beginning with https://, as the OU Campus login page is also being served over https.
Logout URL: Determines the page that is shown upon logging out of the system.
Customizing the Announcement Page
System administrators can change the content of the announcements page that users see to the right of the login panel.
Creating the Announcement Page
A customized announcement page loads a web page inside of an iframe on the login page. Any web format, such as .html, .php, .aspx, or others can be used.
- Create an HTML (or other web format) page in OU Campus and publish it.
- Copy the full URL from the live website and paste it into the Announcement URL field in Setup > Account. Make sure the URL begins with https. For example:
If the page does not load, ensure that the production server (or wherever the page is hosted) is configured to serve https pages.
- Click Save. If desired, log out of OU Campus and navigate to the OU Campus login page again to preview the announcement page.
The recommended size of the announcement URL window should be no larger than 720 x 600 for a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. A larger window will cause scroll bars on screen.
Configuring the Logout URL
Note that a logout URL must be used if a page is defined for the CAS or Shibboleth URL.
- Navigate to Setup > Account.
- From the Login Page panel, enter the URL in Logout URL field. The URL must be fully qualified (that is, contains http:// at the beginning of the URL).
- Click Save. The user is directed to the URL upon logging out.