The account settings provide administrators the ability to modify all the global settings for the account. These settings affect all sites and users under an account unless a setting closer to the content (i.e., at the site, directory, or page level) overwrites it. Account settings in OU Campus are available on the Setup menu, which is only available to a Level 10 administrator.
From the OU Campus interface, to access the Account screen for account management features, navigate to Setup > Account. The account settings in OU Campus match the account settings available within the Super Administration interface, which is available for Enterprise installations.
Editing Account Settings
Level 10 administrators can edit account settings by navigating to Setup > Accounts.
The Account Settings include the five specific panels. For more information about the specific functionality of each configuration option, see the following topics organized by panel:
- General Settings: Contains general information about the account and its main contact. JustEdit can also be configured from this panel.
- Login Settings: Contains the ability to set the number of failed login attempts available for a user before they are locked out of the system.
- Publish Settings: Contains settings relating to the publishing of pages; Page Check options can be set here.
- Login Page: Contains the fields where administrators can replace the OU Campus login page with a CAS or Shibboleth URL, add a custom announcement URL to the OU Campus login page, and configure a logout URL.
- Auxiliary Sites: Allows administrators to add auxiliary sites for the account.
- Add-Ons: Allows administrators to configure Add-Ons for the account.
- Optional Features: Contains a set of checkboxes to activate and deactivate optional features for the account, such as Binary Management, LDP, and Multi-Browser Preview.
When configuration is complete, remember to click Save to save any entered information, or if necessary to cancel the action click Cancel.
Creating a New Account
OU Campus can be provided as an Enterprise installation, which is a local server maintained by the institution, or provided as SaaS (software as a service). For Enterprise installations the Super Administration interface provides higher-level administrators access to add, modify, and remove accounts, sites, additional administrators, users, as well as view reports about those tasks. Administrators at the Super Administration level can create new accounts through the Super Administration interface.
For more information, see the Super Administration section of the support site.