Plain Text Asset
Plain Text Assets are used for creating assets with plain text that do not include HTML. They are created and edited with the plain text editor. Text is rendered as plain
text and characters are escaped. This type of asset is available across sites within an account unless Lock to Site is selected. By default, users Level 4 and above can create assets. However, users with custom permissions may also access this screen.
Creating a Plain Text Asset
- Navigate to the Assets list view by selecting Content > Assets from the global navigation bar.
- Click the New button.
- Select Plain Text from the menu to display the New Plain Text Asset screen.
- Fill out the required fields to create the asset. For this particular asset, the Asset Content Panel will contain only plain text. Any markup language is not escaped and included on the page as text. No editor is used for this asset.
- After configuring the items click Create.
- Once the asset has been created, Publish the asset.
Like pages, created and saved assets can be immediately published, scheduled to publish, or sent to user for approval. An unpublished asset can even be inserted into pages; however, an asset will not render on the production server until it has been published.
Inserting a Plain Text Asset to a Page
Once a Plain Text Asset has been created, it is available to be inserted on pages within OU Campus. Unlike most other asset types, the content that comprises the Plain Text Asset will render inside the green box when viewed in the WYSIWYG Editor, as opposed to the placeholder "Asset cannot be shown in WYSIWYG."
When added to a page, any text within the asset's content will be displayed where the asset has been inserted.
Plain Text Assets automatically inherit the CSS styles of the page or region they are placed in.