The basic steps for creating an asset are the same for all assets types. Inherently, users levels 4 through 10 have the ability to create a new asset, but this can be modified with various access settings. Depending upon the asset type being created, the available fields and options will vary. Once an asset has been created, it is available for inserting onto a page via the WYSIWYG Editor or Source Editor in accordance with any access settings that may be configured.
Click the New button to create a new asset. The following panels are available:
- Asset Info: Configures basic metadata properties.
- Access Settings: Allows for the initial initial group assignment to be made for editing and using the asset. Approver/workflow access settings can be configured after creation.
- Asset Content: Allows users to create the content within the asset.
LDP is an optional set of features in OU Campus that require specific configuration by an administrator. The Forms and Image Gallery assets are not available on the New menu unless Live Delivery Platform has been purchased and activated both at the account level and the site level. Please contact the university’s designated OmniUpdate Sales Director for details.
Creating a New Asset
To create a new asset in the account:
- Navigate to the Assets list view by selecting Content > Assets from the global navigation bar.
- Click the New button or the down-arrow on the New button.
- Select the asset type from the menu that appears, whether it is the dropdown or a new modal.
- Configure the necessary settings.
- Click Create.
- Publish the asset. An asset must be published to the production server or publish target to update content on pages. An asset may be inserted on a page without publishing, but the content will not update the page on the web server. After using the asset on a page, the page must be published to update live version of the page.
Asset Info Panel
The Asset Info panel allows users to configure basic metadata properties of an asset. The following are displayed in the Asset Info panel:
- Asset Name: Friendly name that will be displayed through the whole system.
- Description: The description can also be useful as it is shown when selecting an assets from the Asset Browser when hovering over an asset.
- Tags: Tags can be added during asset creation or editing. Tags can be utilized by users to filter a list of assets.
- Lock to Site: Select the checkbox to disallow use of the asset outside of the site. Form and Image Gallery assets are always locked to the current site. In other words, assets are available to all sites within an account unless this checkbox is selected.
Access Settings Panel
The Access Settings panel allows users to configure the access settings for editing and using the asset, and is available for user levels 8 through 10. The Access Settings panel contains the following items:
- Access Group: Assigns an access group to the asset. "Everyone," the default group, indicates that every user within the account can edit the asset from the Access screen.
- Available To: Assigns an access group whose members can use (insert on a page) the asset. Everyone, the default, indicates that every user within the account can insert the asset into a page via the WYSIWGY Editor or the Source Editor.
After the asset has been saved, the additional settings include Approver, Enforce Approver, and Bypass Approval, and those can be configured via the assets action view in the Properties menu.
Asset Content Panel
The Asset Content panel is available for Web Content Assets, Source Code Assets, and Text Assets, and allows users to create the actual content of the asset. The available functionality of this panel depends upon asset type. Image Galleries and Forms do not have this panel displayed.