Authority Level: Level 9 and Level 10 administrators can access Custom Reports.
Custom Reports provide information about the OU Campus system, pages, users, groups, dependencies, etc. Each custom report can be exported as a CSV file. Custom Reports can be found at Reports > Custom Reports.
Each report includes report options from which a user can choose in order to delimit the report. Options are specific to each report. For example, the users report includes the user name and user level as well as the date of last login. The Tweets report includes the date and content of the tweet. See the topic for each report for more information about the report. The available reports are:
Running a Report (Typical)
Each report includes options and results specific to the report. The following instructions provide step-by-step instructions for running a report. To run a report:
- Navigate to Reports > Custom Reports.
- From the Custom Reports menu, select the report to run.
- From the Report Options panel select the checkbox next to each item to include it on the report. The options are based on the report chosen. Required items are pre-selected and indicated in bold. To select all the categories at once, click the Select All checkbox at the top of the list.
- Click Run.
Each report has additional options whereby additional criteria can be included, such as the ability to enter a date range or delimit the report by publish target. Each option can be chosen to be included in the report by selecting the checkbox for the option. The details of the available options are provided with each report topic. The information below includes further clarification about report options that are common to one or more reports.
For the Path or Product Path report option, the Starts With field is the root relative path and can be used to delimit the report by location on the server. For example: /admissions would return all files (and/or subdirectories) that have a path that starts with the admissions directory.
The date chooser allows a report to be limited to a specific date range. The start and/or end date can be typed in manually or selected with the date chooser.
The Pages, Sites, and Products reports, when run, include a column for data regarding the last publish target. For the Products report, the data can be further delineated by specific publish target, date, and revision.
After running the report, the report results are shown with the selected report options as column headers and the data items are rows. In this view, users can:
- View the amount of items in the report
- Filter results using the Filter tool
- Sort results by column
- Export the report as a CSV file by clicking the Export CSV button.
- Note: After exporting the report in the CSV format, make sure to save the CSV file to the local computer, and then import the data into Excel. It is possible for the data to be altered by Excel if not imported and just opened.
- Navigate through the pagination by Previous, Next, or clicking a page number
- Click Back to Report Options and modify the report options, then re-run the report