The Upload feature of OU Campus provides the ability to upload files to both the staging and production servers, and any configured publish targets. Users can upload files from the Pages list view and from the filechooser modals that appear when browsing for a file/image/video from the JustEdit or Source Editor. Drag-and-drop functionality is also available when uploading files.
User levels 6-10 have the inherent ability to upload files; user levels 1-5 can be granted that ability on a per-user basis.
By default, OU Campus has set upload limits for different file types. These default values are as follows:
- Image files: 1MB
- All other binary files (including audio, video, PDFs, Microsoft Office files, and more): 1GB
For more information about upload limits and how to change these limits, visit the Upload Limits page.
Multiple files can be selected for upload by holding Ctrl (PC)/Cmd (Mac)+Click and selecting multiple files on the hard drive. Users can also hold Shift+Click to select a range of files.
Uploading from the Pages List View
- Navigate to the Pages list view by clicking Content > Pages.
- Navigate to the directory to which the file(s) should be uploaded.
- Click the Upload button in the top right of the screen.
Alternatively, drag files from the desktop into the browser window to upload them immediately without encountering the Upload modal.
- If the Upload button is clicked, the Upload modal will appear.
- Select the Upload Type, the Access Group for the to-be-uploaded files, and whether the uploaded files should overwrite any files with the same name in this directory. Some lower-level users may not be able to perform a Zip Import or overwrite files.
- Click the green Add button to browse for files stored locally; users can also drag files into the modal to achieve the same effect.
- If necessary, click Rename to rename the file and click away from the filename field to save the changes. Click Remove to remove the file from the upload queue.
- Click Start Upload to upload the files into the directory.
- If Binary Management is turned on, the files will only be uploaded to the staging server. Publish them to make them visible on the production server (live website) and in Page Preview.
Uploading from a Filechooser
- From the Edit view of a page, enter an editable region, bringing up the JustEdit editor.
- Click the Insert/Edit Image, Insert/Edit Media, or Insert/Edit Link icons in the JustEdit toolbar.
- Browse for a file to bring up the filechooser.
- Navigate to the desired directory and click the grey Upload button in the top-right of the modal. Users may also edit and upload images in one process. For more information, visit the Upload and Edit page.
- The Upload modal will appear. Follow steps 5-8 above to upload the files.
- The files are now uploaded into the directory and can be placed on the page. The files are still only uploaded to the staging server, and need to be published to be available on the live site, but OU Campus will publish any associated files automatically if the Include Unpublished Dependencies checkbox is selected when the page is published.
Uploading Binary Files Video
Uploading Binary Files in OU Campus from OU Campus Training on Vimeo.