Page Actions Toolbar
When a user is viewing a page in OU Campus, several utilities are available at the top of the screen in the form of the Page Actions toolbar. The available actions differ depending upon page status, access settings, and other configuration options.
The Page Actions toolbar can include the following functionality:
- Preview: Displays the page in preview mode, which includes the selection of output type (for example, HTML or PDF), and makes available the server choice drop-down.
- Edit: Displays the page in edit mode, which includes editable regions. Checking out the page shows additional utilities.
- Source: Opens the page for editing with the Source Editor; available when the page is checked out to a user. Clicking the Source button to enter the Source Editor will automatically check the page out to the user.
- Properties: Properties provides access to editing various other page items. A page or file must be checked out to view or update parameters. Once clicked, the menu items under Properties include the functionality for Parameters, MultiEdit Content, RSS, Analytics, Access, and the Log, as applicable.
- Versions: Used to view the committed versions of the page; available when the page is checked out to the current user.
- Page Check: If configured, clicking the Page Check icon displays the Page Check modal with the ability to run any available page checks; available when the page is checked out to the current user.
- Save Version: Allows for the user to save a version of the current page, which is a useful action to perform before other actions such as a find and replace; available when the page is checked out to the current user.
- Check Out/In/Lock: Allows for a page to be checked out by the current user or, if checked out to the current user, the current user can check the page back in. If the page is checked out to another user, a lock icon is shown.
- Publish: After choosing an editable region and editing the page, the Publish button is available
once the page is saved. Clicking the button will bring up the Publish modal. The Publish
button is split into a drop-down menu as well for additional publish options. The
available actions in this drop-down menu include Schedule, Submit for Approval, and
Note: Users without the permission to publish will see the Submit button instead.
- Server Drop-Down: The Server drop-down menu gives the user the option to view the site as it currently looks on the published production server, or from the staging server, and if Multi-Target Publish is configured with publish targets, an alternative publish target may be chosen. This menu is only available from the Preview view.
- Output Selector: If the site’s templates have been configured to provide more than one output type (for example, HTML, PDF, or XML), the output to view can be selected from the drop-down menu. This menu is only available from the Preview view.
- Multi-Browser Preview: Multi-Browser Preview provides cross-browser, cross-platform rendering of web pages prior to publishing to the production server or publish target.
Page Actions Toolbar (Preview View and Checked Out)
Page Actions Toolbar (Preview View and Checked In)
File Actions Toolbar for an Image (Edit Mode and Checked In)