Configuration in OU Campus
In addition to the administrator interface for OU Search, a .pcf page, located at /_resources/search/_ou-search-settings.pcf, configures OU Search display options on your live site. This feature is only available in instances of OU Search implemented on or after April 12th, 2018.
Edit this page via Properties > Parameters. After making changes, save and publish this pcf for them to take effect; you do not need to republish the search page.
The options available under "Custom Settings" are:
- Theme: Choose a theme for your search page to display. Custom themes can be added at /_resources/search/themes/custom/.
- Search Profile: Enter the name of your search profile, used by the search appliance. This should already be set up and will only need to be changed if you are adding a new configuration page for a separate account.
- Advanced: Check this box if you want the advanced search options to be available for search users.
- Loading Icon: Choose a gif to display while OU Search loads results.
- Branding Icon: Check this box if you want the OU Search logo to be displayed on your page.
- Next Pagination: Enter the text for the pagination indicating the next page (e.g. "Next," "Next Page," "Go Forward").
- Previous Pagination: Enter the text for the pagination indicating the previous page (e.g. "Previous," "Previous Page," "Go Back").
- Number Pagination: Check this box if you want the numbered pagination to display. If unchecked, the next
and previous pagination text will still display.
To edit the number of pages shown, go to the search appliance admin settings and change Page Links Shown. If this number is set to "0," no pagination will display.
- No Result Found: Enter the message that will display if no results were found. The format should be
a sentence that leaves the end open for the search query, e.g. "Sorry, no results
were found for".
- Total Results: Check this box to display the total number of results.
- Total Results Text: Enter the text that will display before the number of total results. If "Total Results"
is not checked, this text will not display.
- Results Range Before Text: Enter the text that will go before the number of results displayed on the page, e.g. "Displaying:" or "Viewing results".
- Results Range Middle Text: Enter the text that will go in between the start and end number of the results displayed range, e.g. "to" or "-".
- Results Range After Text: Enter the text that will go after the number of results displayed on the page, e.g.
"results." or "pages.".
Editing these three text fields will not affect the number range of results displayed. The number of results displayed per page is set in search search appliance admin interface under Results Per Page.
- Parametric Heading: Enter the heading for the section containing parametrics, e.g. "Refine Search" or
- Parametric Mobile Button: Enter the text for the button that displays on mobile to view parametrics, e.g. "View
Parametrics" or "Refine Search." This button only displays if the web page is being
rendered under a certain width.
Parametric search options will not display at all if none of the results returned are tagged with any parametric fields. You should have been provided with documentation for how to set up parametric tagging upon the implementation of OU Search; if you need additional assistance, contact our support team.
- Best Bet Heading: Enter the heading that displays before any best bet results that are returned, e.g. "Featured Results". If no best bets are returned, this heading will not display.
- Spell Check: Enter the text that displays before suggestions for a misspelled search query, e.g. "Did you mean".
- Form Placeholder: Enter the placeholder text in the search field, e.g. "Search here" or "Search site..."
- Submit Button Text: Enter the text for the button you click to run a search, e.g. "Search for" or "Submit".
- Filtering By Text: If you have directory filtering set up for a search results page, enter the text that will display before the directory name on the results page, e.g. "Filtering by" or "Viewing results in".
- Filtering By Button: If you have directory filtering set up for a search results page, enter the text that will go on the button users click to remove the filter.
After you have made your desired changes, Save and Publish for them to take effect.