OU Campus is the leading web content management system (CMS) for higher education institutions. The Support Site for OU Campus version 10 provides overview, step-by-step procedures, reference material, and video tutorials for administrators, developers, and end-users for both SaaS implementations and Enterprise installations. The Support Site is intended for any level user getting started with OU Campus or that needs information about a specific functionality and details of its use or configuration.
Global Navigation Elements
OU Campus is a browser-based interface that includes several global elements:
- The global navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- The secondary navigation bar at the top of the screen located below the global navigation bar.
- The file navigation sidebar located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- The main content area located in the middle of the screen; the content within this area is not global, but rather specific to the menu or menu item chosen.
- The Gadgets sidebar located on the right-hand side of the screen.
Global Navigation Bar
The global navigation bar located at the top of the screen is universal to all screens and includes drop-down menus that provide access to the additional functionality grouped categorically under the menus. The functionality includes access to creating, editing, uploading, reviewing, and managing content on a staging server so that it may be published on a production server as a public-facing web site or sites.
Depending upon the user's authority level and access settings, various menus and menu items are available. The main navigation consists of the following:
- Dashboard: Includes access to each individual user’s workflow, inbox, and Dashboard gadgets. The Dashboard is the default location when a user has not logged in via a DirectEdit link on a page.
- Content: The Content menu includes access to the Pages list view and assets.
- Reports: Provides access to administrative-level reporting and content management functionality.
- Add-Ons: Provides access to additional applications that can be accessed through the OU Campus interface (These are optional and can be configured by a Level 10 administrator).
- User Avatar, or Gravatar, and User Name: Allows users to edit their personal settings or log out of OU Campus.
- Setup: Provides access to site- and account-wide settings and setup functionality. This menu is only available to Level 10 administrators.
- Help: Help menu items include information about the system, Support Site, OCN, New Features and Feedback Forum, and about how to contact the OmniUpdate Support team.
For more overview information about the global menus, refer to the Global Navigation page.
Secondary Navigation Bar
The other global elements of the OU Campus interface are the secondary navigation bar, located directly underneath the global navigation bar, which includes a breadcrumb providing the location path of where the current user is located within the site. Also located on this navigation element is the Sites drop-down that allows for switching among any additional sites that may be configured under the account. The Sites locator may also be used to search for a site to switch to.
File Navigation Sidebar
The file navigation sidebar is one of two global sidebars available on each screen. The file navigation, located on the left, can be manually collapsed or expanded. The sidebar allows for users to easily browse through pages, files, and directories within the site, as linked content can be accessed by clicking on it. This also allows for users to navigate through the structure of the site without leaving the page they are currently viewing.
The view can be toggled between Pages and Assets. Status indicators and file icons indicate the status of a particular piece of content as well as the file type.
The Keep Synced (lock icon) can be used to synchronize the list within the sidebar with where the user is in the site structure. For example, if the Keep Synced icon is activated, a user navigating through a site's file structure would see the file navigation sidebar change to match the user's location within the site. Without the Keep Synced icon activated, the file navigation sidebar will remain static, only changing views when a user manually navigates through the sidebar itself.
|Show File Navigation||Click the folder icon to show the sidebar.|
|Hide File Navigation||Click the arrow to hide the sidebar.|
|Keep Synced||Toggle between synchronizing and non-synchronizing views of the sidebar.|
Main Content Area
The main content area of every screen is specific to the feature or functionality corresponding to the menu item that the user has chosen. For example, Dashboard displays links and gadgets, Content shows the Pages list view, and Setup shows the general settings for the account.
The global Gadgets sidebar can be configured to include specific system and customized gadgets that can be utilized to help edit and manage content. Located on the right, the Gadgets sidebar can be manually collapsed or expanded. Users can choose which gadgets to show and hide on the sidebar by clicking the Choose Gadgets (gear icon) button.
|Show Gadgets||Click the Gadgets icon to show the sidebar.|
|Choose Gadgets||Click to display the Choose Sidebar Gadgets modal from where it can be determined which gadgets to show on the sidebar.|
|Hide Gadgets||Click the arrow to hide the sidebar.|
|Expand Gadget||Click to expand the view of the gadget on the sidebar.|
|Collapse Gadget||Click to collapse the view of the gadget on the sidebar.|
System notifications are included upon many system actions, such as publishing a page. Notifications can provide helpful tips or an update to the status of an action, and may include links such as those to view the published page in a new window.