The global navigation bar is the primary way that users will navigate through OU Campus. Depending on user level, certain options in the bar will be shown or not shown. A list of items and their function is described below:
- Dashboard: Includes access to each individual user’s workflow, inbox, and Dashboard gadgets. The Dashboard is the default location when a user is not logging in via a DirectEdit link on a page.
- Content: The Content menu includes access to the main area for editing pages and assets.
- Reports: Provides access to administrative-level reporting and content management functionality.
- Add-Ons: Provides access to additional applications for access through the OU Campus interface (These are optional and can be configured by a Level 10 administrator.)
- User Avatar or Gravatar, and User Name: The menu provides access to the currently logged-in user’s settings.
- Setup: Provides account- and site-wide setup utilities and other advanced administrative functions (Only available to Level 10 administrators).
- Help: Help menu items include access to the Support Site, OCN, New Features and Feedback Forum, and release notes.
All user levels can view the Dashboard, Content, Reports, and Add-Ons (if Add-Ons exist in the site) menus. Only level 10 administrators can view the Setup menu. Add-Ons might also be visible for users of all levels or administrators only, depending on if an administrator has configured any add-ons for the account and which user groups have been given access.
Global Navigation Bar for User Levels 0 through 9
Global Navigation Bar for User Level 10Not only can the number of navigation bar menu options vary based on user level, but the items within each menu can vary as well. The differences are outlined below.
The Dashboard includes access to each individual user’s workflow and inbox, and the configurable content area can contain various Dashboard gadgets. These include:
- My Checked-Out Content (pages checked out to the user)
- Activity (an activity feed for the site)
- Site Analytics
For more information, visit the Dashboard page.
The Content menu is the gateway to the most frequently-used section of OU Campus, as it includes the capability to create and edit content. It can consist of several items, depending on authority level. These include:
- Assets (Available to all users by default, but access can always be restricted)
- Snippets (Available for Level 9 and 10 administrators)
- Find and Replace (Available for Level 10 administrators)
- RSS (Available for Level 10 administrators)
- Recycle Bin (Available for user levels 5-10)
Users can navigate the Pages list view in order to edit, create, and publish new content. This might also include reviewing changed pages, assigning pages to an approver, and publishing pages.
For more information, visit the Content page.
Content Menu Views for Different User Levels
|Level 10||Level 9||Levels 5 through 8||Levels 0 through 4|
The Reports menu includes reports about content and content status, such as the number of checked out pages currently in the site. The Reports menu is site-specific, so the data displayed is relative to the site which the user is viewing. Reporting capabilities for OU Campus include information on pages, assets, changes made within a specific date range, dependency tag and subscribers, users, broken links, checked out content, and several other reports and additional fields specific to the report type.
The Reports menu for level 9 and 10 administrators includes eight menu items including access to Custom Reports. User levels 5-8 have six menu items available to them. User levels 0-4 have access to four menu items.
It's important to note that when using the Checked Out Content, Pending Approvals, and Scheduled Actions reports, user levels 0-8 will only see data on pages to which they have access.
For more information, visit the Reports page.
Reports Menu for Different User Levels
|Levels 9 and 10||Levels 5 through 8||Levels 0 through 4|
The Add-Ons menu allows custom or third-party applications to be accessed within the OU Campus interface. Available functionality can be set up by any Level 10 administrator.
For more information, visit the Add-Ons page.
User Avatar or Gravatar, and User Name
The top right of every screen shows the name and avatar of the currently logged-in user. By hovering over their name, users can access the menu to change their personal settings or log out.
For more information, visit the Settings page.
The Setup menu, which is only available to Level 10 administrators, can be viewed as the configuration and main administration portion of OU Campus. The Setup menu has some elements that are site specific, and other information that is applied to all sites within the account.
For more information, visit the Setup page.
The Help menu includes several links to additional support resources for users, including links to the Support site, OmniUpdate Community Network (OCN), New Features and Feedback Forum, and version release notes.
For more information, visit the Help Menu page.