Page Info Gadget
Authority Level: All user levels by default; administrators may restrict access to the gadget through access settings. The gadget will not be displayed until a user is viewing or editing a page.
The Page Info Gadget is a sidebar gadget which displays relevant information about a page or file that is currently being viewed or edited. This gadget is useful for viewing the most recent saves and publish actions, if any, as well obtaining a thumbnail view of the file's location within the folder structure, the page products, and any dependencies that the content may have.
When the gadget is expanded, the following are displayed:
- Last Saved: Displays the date and time of the last save of the content, and by whom.
- Last Published: Displays the date and time of the last publish of the content, and by whom.
- Parent Directory: Shows the site/root-relative path to the directory in which the content resides.
- Page Products: A list of all page products created from the page. To the right of each list item, the corresponding dependency tag is displayed.
- Dependencies: A list of all dependencies; i.e., assets and files, that the page has subscribed to. In other words, if an asset has been dropped on the page or a file has been linked on the page, these are shown as dependencies. To the right of each list item, the corresponding dependency tag is displayed.
Accessing Page Information Using the Page Info Gadget
It is important to remember that the Page Info Gadget is not displayed in the Gadgets sidebar until a user is viewing or editing a page or file within the OU Campus system. To access a page's information using the Page Info Gadget:
- Navigate to the edit, preview, or other view from the Page Actions view for the page or file.
- Expand the Gadgets sidebar to display the enabled gadgets. Expand the Page Info Gadget using the expand icon.
- Once expanded, all relevant page information is displayed within the gadget.
Links to Page Products and Dependencies can be clicked to allow users to navigate to the content. Also, clicking the dependency tag next to a product or dependency automatically passes the tag to the Dependency Tag Info Gadget, and expands the gadget to easily view the results.