Page Analytics Gadget
Authority Level: All user levels by default; administrators may restrict access to the gadget and to each data group within the gadget through access settings.
With the Page Analytics Gadget, Google Analytics data is viewable within OU Campus in the Gadgets sidebar. The data available is view and page specific.
The Page Analytics Gadget includes the following features and functionality:
- Choice of views using drop-down selector
- Preconfigured date range selections (e.g., Last 7 Days, Today, and Last 30 Days)
- Custom date range option with calendar pickers
- Linked list of metrics; click name of metric item to display a modal with an expanded view of the metric
- Expand icon to display the thumbnails in a modal
The thumbnail and expanded views include view chooser, date range selectors, scrollable data groups with metrics/dimensions, and data points. Each data group's display is similar to the Site Analytics Gadget for the Dashboard but in a modal window; the data shown in each modal is specific to the page that the user is on.
The Page Analytics Gadget is also where users can track data regarding the social media posts sent to Facebook and Twitter upon publish of a particular page. For more information regarding this feature, visit the Social Media Analytics page.
Page Analytics Gadget (Expanded View)
The following metrics are available for the Page Analytics Gadget:
- New Visitors
- Unique Pageviews
- Entrances: The Entrances metric also does not have a chart, so no modal is displayed. For more information: Differences between Entrances and Sessions
- Exit Rate
- Average Time on Page
- Average Load Time: Provides the average of all of the measured page load times collected over the specified period. There is no chart available for this metric.
With the exception of Entrances and Average Load Time, each data group will expand into a graphical view of the data when clicked on.
Page Analytics Data Group (Expanded View)
For more explanation regarding each of these data groups, see the Analytics Data Groups page.
Configuring Google Analytics Views
Level 10 Administrators can change which Google Analytics views are visible in the gadget and who can view them by navigating to Setup > Google Analytics and either adding another view or editing a current view and modifying the Available to drop-down menu.
For more information, please visit the Google Analytics Views page.
Using the Gadget
In the Page Analytics gadget itself, users can use the date range selectors to view data over a predefined or custom-defined amount of time.
Clicking the Home icon will bring the user back from an expanded data group back to the overview, which
shows thumbnails for all available data groups. The Home button will be visible in
the overview, but it will not be clickable.
When viewing a thumbnail of a data group, hover over and click the expand icon to show the expanded view.
Hovering over a data point on a line graph, chart, map, or bar chart/list will show more details.
When browsing through expanded data groups or in the thumbnail view, navigation arrows and buttons are available to help the user navigate to different data groups.