The Replace Results screen is available as part of the Find and Replace tool. It is only available to level 10 administrators. After performing a find and replace action, the results are shown on the Replace Results screen. The screen is similar to the Find Results screen and includes:
- A summary of the action in the Replace Summary panel
- A list of the results
- The ability to filter the results
- Exporting to a CSV file, which includes a summary and details similar to the list
- Checkbox in the header row to select all files in the list, or one or more checkboxes can be used to selectively choose files
- Sorting the results list by column: file name (and path), number of matches, previous version number, last saved date, and status
- Clicking the linked file name and path to preview the content in a new tab
- Provides the number of matches within each file or asset
- Clicking the Old Version link to comapre the current version on staging with the change to be made by the replace (rendered in a new tab).
- Last saved date; hover for publish and revert options
- Shows the status of the file; e.g., "Replaced"
The Replace Summary panel provides information about the search criteria and replace results as follows:
- Search Type: Denotes the type of search that was performed, which can be Literal Text or Regular Expression
- Date Replaced: The date and time that the replace was made
- User: The name of the user who performed the action
- Search String: The target content that was replaced
- Replace String: The content that was used to replace the search string.
- Files Committed: The number of files or assets on which content was replaced.
- Message: The Version Description that was included (if any)
The Last Replace Results lists the results, which can be filtered, sorted, exported, reverted, and published. Each link can be clicked to view the version that will be reverted to if a revert is performed.
Exporting Replace Results
Administrators also have the ability to export the results into an external spreadsheet file using the Export CSV button. When the Export CSV button is clicked, the spreadsheet file is automatically compiled and downloaded to the administrator's default download folder.
The CSV file includes the details provided in the replace summary.
After a replace has been executed, content can be selectively published or reverted in the Replace Results view.
- Select one or more files to publish. If the filter tool is used after selecting files,
only the filtered result will published.
- Click Publish.
- In the Publish modal, select any Publish Options as necessary, a Publish Target if applicable, and enter a Version Description.
- Click Publish.
After the publish has successfully completed, the file will show "Published" in green in the Status column. If there is an error publishing any file, a modal will appear with the file name and reason, such as if the page is checked out.
Even if an error occurs, the Publish button will still be available. The Revert button is also still available as the replace results can still be reverted on the staging server and re-published.
Reverting the Replace
Replace actions can be reverted before publishing, after publishing, or at a later time from the Last Replace Results screen. This option is useful if unwanted changes were made to the content with the previous replace.
- Select the content to revert. The link in the Old Version column can be used to compare the current staging version with the previous version to which to revert.
- Click Revert. A dialog will open prompting the user to cancel or confirm the action.
- Click Revert.
If the operation was successful, a system message will display indicating success.
The action will also be confirmed as reverted in the Status column.